Asthma is the most common chronic respiratory disease in children. This onsite course will provide an overview of current treatment options to fulfill the education needs of a constantly evolving field.
Participants will learn about different perspectives and asthma challenges in different healthcare settings and about a patient/parent perspective.
Key aspects presented will include asthma development and pathogenesis, the influence of the microbiome and nutrition, and influence of viral infection, among others.
The core part of the course will deal with strategies to find the correct diagnosis and will provide general asthma treatment essentials as well as asthma prevention and risk factors for asthma attacks. Inhalation techniques, adherence to treatment and a physiotherapeutic view on asthma will be included. Furthermore, severe asthma will be discussed.
Course participants will have the opportunity to discuss any specific topic with the experts.
- Practical workshops
- Hands-on sessions
- Case presentations
- Online videos
- Asthma around the globe, challenges in different health care settings
- Asthma development and pathogenesis
- Asthma diagnosis and differential diagnosis
- Asthma treatment and exacerbation prevention
- General Paediatricians
- Respiratory Specialists
- Specialised Paediatric Pulmonologists
- Specialised Nurses
Following this course, participants will be able to:
- Diagnose asthma
- Treat mild moderate and severe asthma
- Find differential diagnostic pathways
- Learn about non-adherence to treatment and possible ways to prevent this
- Recognise risk factors for asthma exacerbations